cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

dhcp request help

8F88EF22-54D5-476D-BC1D-AFD2FC400C27.png

Hi can anyone help my router logs are just full of these requests ? And the WiFi keeps going down 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: dhcp request help

The 2 things are not related. My logs are also full of DHCP requests, no idea why or which device(s) they are coming from.

When you say wifi keeps going down, do you mean just the wifi or broadband?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Thanks for the reply it’s being solid for 6 month but over the last few weeks Iv noticed several of my devices have gone off line door bell , gaps in Cctv recording and problems with the tv , the wired devices are fine as much as I can tell Iv tryed a hard reset and I don’t no what else I can try 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

You could try changing WiFi channels.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Seems odd. My SH2 is configured to sync my public IP with my DDNS provider and I see no DHCP request entries in my event log but I do see a stack of repeating DDNS updates

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

It runs fine for say 12 hours after a reset then it will start dropping and disconnecting devices, Iv been sent a new sh2  but I really didn’t want to go through the trouble of reconnecting everything Cctv etc but think iam going to have to bite the bullet and do it 😔 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

No problem, just make a note of the SSID and password of the router you're using now and set the new one to be the same, your devices won't know the difference

Message 8 of 9

Ok thanks great idea 💡 I’ll let you how I get on , it’s just WiFi the lan connections are solid so fingers crossed it’s the router.

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Did you get this sorted i have all the issues that you have stated  been tying to sort this for three months tried the technical help reboot better wireless chanel al the simple stuff, i beleive its a signal issue going to the hub that is causing the disruption

0 Ratings