cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gramps05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

When i try to search the internet from bt.com homepage or from bt yahoo email page i get a error 403 forbidden stating - You do not have permission to send search queries from this IP address which is Client IP Address-5.80.17.160. you should login to the Google Admin Console and ensure that this IP Address is in your list of permitted IPS. This only applies to bt, searching directly from google or other direct search engines is unafected. Is this a bt problem? is anybody experiencing this same problem.?

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
craig1974
Message 2 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

ive been getting the same message aswel had it since thursday but it was error 405 now its 403 must be a bt issue

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

no problem here what happens if you use goggle directly
0 Ratings
craig1974
Message 4 of 26

no still getting error 403 driving me nuts now should of stayed with sky

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 26

it is not a BT issue your posts are the only reported issues seen
0 Ratings
Highlighted
gramps05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 26

As i have said there is no problem going to search engines Direct, only with Bt search engines
0 Ratings
craig1974
Message 7 of 26

yes mines the same when using the bt.com home page

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 26

Yes, looks like the BT search engine is broken. Why would anybody want to use BT as a search engine anyway? Just use Google.

0 Ratings
gramps05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

I have contacted Bt today about this problem. Have you contacted them?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 26

i hav just tried 40 search's using the BT.com search feature with no problem as posted however why not just use goggle on its own
0 Ratings