cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

I have also tried BT search from this page and from BT home using FF and Chrome and working ok for me

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
gramps05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

Thanks John. Iam now using Google on its own

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 26

From the error message I get I suspect its only certain IP addresses that are affected. Probably a new pool of addresses that haven't been added to the Google list of BT addresses. Just tried to force a change but unfortunately got the same one back!! Anybody else want to try changing their IP?

403. That’s an error.

Your client does not have permission to get URL /search?num=10&client=btportal&output=xml&ad=0&adrep=3&adlh=on&as_qdr=&adsafe=&oe=utf8&ie=utf8&adext=as1,l1,sr2&safe=low&channel=Test10,pef_Test10&q=bbc&start=0&adpage=1&ip=178.79.194.141&useragent=Mozilla%2F5.0%20(Windows%20NT%206.3%3B%20WOW64%3B%20Trident%2F7.0%3B%20MAARJS%3B%20rv%3A11.0)%20like%20Gecko from this server. (Client IP address: 81.155.xxx.x)

You do not have permission to send search queries from this IP address. Please login to the Google Admin Console and ensure that this IP is in your list of permitted IPs. Remember that it may take a few hours for a newly added IP address to become activated and able to perform queries. That’s all we know.

0 Ratings
Guru
Guru
Message 14 of 26

It seems to be a temporary glitch.

I was getting the 403 google html error message using both BT and VM IP addresses

However now it seems to be fine for using both IP addresses.

The results should load in the URL http://search.bt.com/ rather than http://www.google.com/search

jac_95 | BT.com Help Site | BT Service Status
Someone Solved Your Question?
Please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’
Try a Search
See if someone in the community had the same problem and how they got it resolved.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 26

Still getting the error here. Its loading http://www.google.com/search

0 Ratings
antonio1
Contributor
Message 16 of 26

I'm getting this error as well. If i go onto a web search which is allowed, I can then substitute the search I want and it goes onto the site Ok. I am having the problem attempting to go to the lloyds bank site from the bt homepage

antonio

0 Ratings
nannajan13
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 26

I am also having the same problem, started yesterday and nothing I do seems to fix it. Hope BT sort this out quickly.
0 Ratings
Dovershark
Beginner
Message 18 of 26

I too have been having this problem for several days. I thought it was a problem with my laptop! Hope someone can come up with an easy solution.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 26

The extremely easy solution is to make Google your homepage.

0 Ratings
Moderator-Retired
Message 20 of 26

Hi guys, 

We have been working on this since Thursday with a very high priority. This currently only affects a small percentage of users, but we hope to have the issue resolved in the next 24-48 hours. 

Thanks

OlgaC 

Community ModeratorOlga
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings