cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hughglenure
Beginner
Message 21 of 26

Google 403 Error

New to this Forum so hope I'm in the correct section. Have started to get above error when accessing some Websites which I have used for years (BBC News, Argos...). Most of the sites I visit are ok and, strangly, the problem only occurs when I acces the sites from the BT Google screen. If I enter a search argument which successfully lists the search results and I then type, say, BBC News in the search field at the top of the search results page the I get into the BBC News. The error also states that my IP address does not have permission to send search queries and lists, what is says, is my IP address but the IP address listed is not mine. Any ideas would be appreciated.   

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 22 of 26

Re: Google 403 Error

Deleted. Post superfluous.

0 Ratings
gramps05
Aspiring Contributor
Message 23 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

Further to my email on error 403  i have had a responce to my email i sent them which was nothing to do with my problem it was a standard responce to slow Broadband so you cannot rely on BT to solve your problems, however i have resolved my problem and for people who are still having this problem this is how i did it. The error was created upon me putting the word Rightmove in the search bars. I found that by putting my bank, shopping sites into the search bars no error came up, i was able to search as normal. So i tried rightmove uk and found no problem. I tried rightmove  . with a Dot at the end and found no problem. I think that in this case it thought i was trying to access a non Uk site which imposes security risk, and recently Bt has possibly being reviewing this, i may be wrong, however try qualifying a word or words that you use in the search bars as this worked for me it might just work for you. I would just like to thank all of you that have commented on my problem

0 Ratings
hughglenure
Beginner
Message 24 of 26

Re: error 403 searching the internet from bt.com homepage and bt yahoo email page

Thanks gramps05. Tried this with my Google 403 error and putting a dot at the end of the search argument seems to work...very strange. will keep an eye on it.

0 Ratings
antonio1
Contributor
Message 25 of 26

I thought this problem had gone away as I had been searching Ok for a few days but it seems to have come back again. Is anybody else experiencing it now or is it just me .

Antonio

0 Ratings
Dovershark
Beginner
Message 26 of 26

Have had no problems with this since 16.02.2015.
0 Ratings