cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

getting Home Hub 3 version b to work on another provider in another country

Go to solution

Hi there i bought a BT home hub 3 (version B) from a car boot sale in the UK a couple of years back, only cost a fiver so didnt break the bank - but i brought it back to Ireland with me and changed the VPI to 8 and the VCI to 35 and chose PPPoe and LLC and  and it locked onto my ADSL (g.DMT) absolutely fine - the only problem is when I put in our username vodafone@vodafone.ie and broadband as the password (which has worked on all my other modem routers) the BT home hub sayssomething about its not a recognised provider or something like that, have i no hope of using this modem/router then over here in Ireland? thanks for any help/workarounds.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: getting Home Hub 3 version b to work on another provider in another country

Go to solution

the hub is locked to BT

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

thanks but there is a selection in settings for using with a different internet provider and a non-bt customer ....

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

nobody on the forum will post any unlocking of HH as mods will just delete it   try kitz forum

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

thanks , will do

0 Ratings