cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 21 of 29

Re: had the hh4 less than a wk n went back to hh3

Hopefully I shall have mine today or tomorrow and I have 3 devices that use 5ghz and 2 that only use 2.4ghz I shall test throughput with Speedtest apps and I shall measure signal strength and noise using iStumbler on the mac and I shall let you know if I have the same issues.
0 Ratings
Stuey3d
Expert
Message 22 of 29

I have done some tests on the home hub 3 currently installed, I have tested signal strength and noise, and an Internet speed test in the strongest signal area and the weakest.

Soon as I have the hub 4 in and set up I shall start a new topic with my findings and comparisons.
0 Ratings
RodoRod
Contributor
Message 23 of 29

Looks as if BT may have done me a favour with their arrogant way of dealing.

Having ordered Infinity 2 at 5.15 on May 31st I was sent a HH3 on June 11th......

Having queried this - despite the web statement that the latest Home Hub would be supplied - BT state as I ordered before June 1st it will cost to change and "kindly" offered to discount the £109 HH4 to £35 !!!!!

As the HH3 works (but actually does not have as much WiFi range as the Sky router I changed from) I am not overly worried - but was very upset at the arrogant tough you are wrong and it will cost you money from BT - not a good feeling for a long time BT phone customer switching Broadband from Sky - I know I have a contract - but when it is finished I am off and BT will be around a grand a year (I pay for two proerties) worse off due to trying to quibble a £35 out of me.... (BT also lied and told me it was confirmed to me that I would get a HH3 - when the confirmation letter actually states Broadband Equipment, Broadband Kit and New Hub - perhaps it was a "hedging your bets letter").

And now reading the HH$ comment I may have had a lucky espcape.

If anyone in BT reads this I suggest you train your staff in the lifetime value of a customer as this attitude will lead to a loss for BT.

Chaps
Message 24 of 29

I just installed m=ine and the speed has collapsed.

Here are my speeds:

At PC - 47M

Ipad on HH3 - 26M

Ipad on HH4 - 11M

Anyone seen a similar problem? BT are checking my phone line but I don't think the issue is there.

Thansk

Dave C

0 Ratings
Highlighted
jonew
Contributor
Message 25 of 29

Yup had the same issue...
Still no update on my hh4, its definitely something to do with both wireless connections... plus the range is pretty poor hh4...
Quote from exeter tech "you need to sit on top of hh4 to get the best signal"

I have 2 lvls in my home n never had this issue with hh3.
0 Ratings
hippey
Expert
Message 26 of 29

ray_dorset- I split the channels by unsyncing them. Renamed them so I could see the 5 & 2.4Ghz and manually add them to wireless devices. So far that has worked, no return to slow speeds.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 27 of 29

@hippey wrote:
ray_dorset- I split the channels by unsyncing them. Renamed them so I could see the 5 & 2.4Ghz and manually add them to wireless devices. So far that has worked, no return to slow speeds.

This unsyncing and renaming needs to be done anyway for the XBox 360 to work.

-+-No longer a forum member-+-
0 Ratings
Red_Snow
Aspiring Expert
Message 28 of 29

Agreed, not had any issues with 2.4Ghz and 5Ghz running together with different devices as long as they are separate SSIDs. In fact no matter what router I've use, I've always separated the two and chose which I'd like to use.
0 Ratings
ianon
Message 29 of 29

I would avoid the Home Hub 4 if you plan to use it wirelessly.

My Home Hub 4 loses 50% bandwidth when operated wirelessly with my laptop
sitting right next to the Hub. Move upstairs and the loss is even greater.

BT have finally admitted that this is a known issue affecting a number of
Home HUb 4 customers, after spending the day telling me there were no known
issues, and that they did not support or guarantee wireless connectivity. All
this with a product advertised as "The UK's most reliable wireless connection
across all your devices".

BT's only offered solutions are for me to use an Ethernet cable, or cancel
the service 😕

0 Ratings