cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gormsgast
Contributor
Message 1 of 7

half a page?

I had to do a factory re-set due to a problem (windows XP). Since then (after I had re-connected to the Internet) every time I open my browser, it goes to my home page but most of the page is missing and the tool bar on the home page is mostly "greyed out" including the e-mail button.

The current news is showing on what parts of the page are showing, which shows I am connected, but if I click on the greyed out mail button or try to use the search, I get connection problem page come up....therefore, I can't get anywhere other than half a "Home Page".

I have used the repair button, and it goes through the usual procedures, ending by saying it has been repaired, but still the problem persists.

I have checked on the "Internet options" and all appears to be what should be there, but to no avail.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: half a page?

you could try reinstalling your web browser
0 Ratings
gormsgast
Contributor
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for that I'll try it next time i use the computer (I usually use my laptop)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

which browser are you using ?
0 Ratings
gormsgast
Contributor
Message 5 of 7

Internet explorer......As I said, I can't use the search to be able to download another browser.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

try re installing explorer again you could try downloading another browser to a usb stick then re install it to the PC with the problem
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 7

Try emptying all of the Temporary Internet Files   (Cache).

When you have done that, reset the maximum cache size to 20MB.

0 Ratings