cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cohiba2929
Beginner
Message 1 of 12

halo 2

DO NOT TAKE HALO 2 HUB ! I spent one full week and 2 tech visits and countless phone calls with BT trying to find solutions to no avail.

My heating + hot water + Sonos + TV + Security cameras etc....is hard wired connected to the BT hub and the hub cannot give DHCP addresses to be accepted by these devices..... I am painfully trying to get back a Hub 6 where I had no problems....in the meantime 10 days now -I had no hot water / Sonos / TV etc.....

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: halo 2

DHCP issues have existed for all of the home hubs, so I am surprised that the HH6 did not  give problems.

It usually wireless issues that people have with the new Smart Hub 2, which what I assume you mean when you talk about the Halo 2 hub.

A factory reset can fix some issues, but eventually they return.

You may find a third party router gives less problems, but if you are paying extra for the Halo package, then you are stuck with using the home hub.

0 Ratings
cohiba2929
Beginner
Message 3 of 12

Thanks for your note 1/ the wireless capability is quite puny and the disk is not powerful all - a third party addition is more reliable - you get what you pay for 2/ the worse part is the Ethernet / cat 5 connection as the huh does not allocate DHCP Address readily and you might have to enter enter those one by one and not certain of the result . I had SONOS for two hours with Team Viewer and they could not figure it out either. I made the mistake of adopting too early as in technology you really want to wait for after the geek and right before the dentist when all the bugs are fixed 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

there is no Halo 2 hub  it is a SH2 and Halo 2 is an add-on extra.  if you have Halo 2 then you can get a BT tech visit to sort out your network included with Halo 2 cost

There was 1 post where a customer on Halo 2 had the tech visit and said person was excellent and got whole system conencted  maybe you should use what you pay for

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 12

These tech visits, I take it they are employee's of BT or are they independent?
0 Ratings
echo6
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 12

0 Ratings
alangjones
Beginner
Message 7 of 12

AGREE. What a total nightmare. Weeks now with dropping of WiFi, nackering PC and BT TV box.  AND I am paying full wack for Superfast fibre Broadband. Swapping between 3 dongles to try and get my PC working. I have been a BT customer for nearly 52 years now and my Dad before me for over 50 years. Loyalty counts for zilch now with our MUTINATIONAL British company. 

I have been told they are sending a new hub which probably will be a Halo 2 😲😭

Reading Google there are loads of problems. The Hub 6 was exchanged as I was updating my contract, wish I had not done this.

Thought it was just me, a silly old Geri, but oviously not

Cheers

Alan Jones

0 Ratings
alangjones
Beginner
Message 8 of 12

Independent in my case
Alan Jones
0 Ratings
alangjones
Beginner
Message 9 of 12

Thank you Sage ! SH2 then, but with a Halo 2 contract I guess. Total nightmare for over 3 months and still not working. You would have thought some one at HQ would be reading these posts, but they probably don't care, as long as they get their monies and humungous wages. !
0 Ratings
sea2dog
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

BT are very good. 

At messing things up! 

0 Ratings