Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
el-tel-666
Message 1 of 4

hard wiring an hp d7460 printer to a home hub 5

hi,

i'm new on here so please cut me some slack,

i decided to connect my hp d7460 photosmart (previosuly usb printer direct from my pc) to a wired ethernet connection on my home hub 5 via the printers ethernet port

when i first made the connections the printer appeared under the wired connections displayed in advanced settings/devices but not anymore

now that section doesn't display the printer though it seems to think that port on the hub is in use and has something connected

when i look at the home page for my hub the printer is shown as a device with a mac and ip address

if i try to configure my windows by adding a new network printer then my printer is not given as an option

i've reset and rebooted and all just shows the same

is there a way i can get the hub to forget about the printer and start over?

am i possibly looking at a firewall issue?

am sure this must be pretty straightforward but i can see what to do next

whats up?

thanks

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: hard wiring an hp d7460 printer to a home hub 5

@el-tel-666 wrote:

hi,

Welcome to this user forum.

Only with  a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

0 Ratings
el-tel-666
Message 3 of 4

@Keith_Beddoewrote:

@el-tel-666wrote:

hi,

Welcome to this user forum.

Only with  a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

thanks for moving my post to a more appropriate location

i noticed that by putting the ip address for that printer shown on the home page for my hub into my browser started showing it was connected and would allow me to see all sorts of stats about my printer and how it had used ink etc...

when i tried again to configure as a new network printer it'd get to show my hub but nothing beyond that

i have since copied the printer i'd already got configured as my usb and edited it and put in the ip address shown on my home hub page and is started to let me print

however, cos of how it doesn't show under my devices within the home under my home hub it has got me thinking - does that mean any tom, **bleep** or harriet could now use my printer or have i got some more firewall/printer settings to do to restrict it to within the house?

cheers

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Your printer will only be available from within you own home network.

0 Ratings