cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

having a nightmare... please help!

OK, so I made the switch to BT fibre 1 a month ago fromTalkTalk 'FAST' broadband.

Cut a long story short between a broken intercom and mix up of time I missed the appointment to fit the fibre through into my apartment.  A rescheduled date of 22nd July was given (another month). After being told by around 6/7 different advisors on 0800 I soon realised, they had me by the berries, BT are at the mercy of Openreach's appointment book, and it could not be brought forward. So I settled for a free interim copper broadband, which got switched on today and works as well as basic broadband should.

Next issue, the TV subscriptions aren't showing, the box is freezing when it's trying to sync the subs (BT sport / Sky Sports etc). Factory Reset multiple times, no good. Error BTP-15990. Maybe I read something about the broadband and the TV account not being linked on the back end? 

Please help! 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Guru
Message 2 of 9

Re: having a nightmare... please help!

@dan1989wrote:

So I settled for a free interim copper broadband, which got switched on today and works as well as basic broadband should.

Sorry to hear about the issues, sounds like you have an order for FTTP, a 2 stage installation.

The temporary free copper broadband you have will be on a temporary account, it's not linked to your order with Fibre on, which means you'll only be able to access freeview and catchup.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Thanks @-Richie- , that's made where the problem lies a lot clearer.

But I should still have access to these subscriptions though, right? 

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 4 of 9

@dan1989wrote:

Thanks @-Richie- , that's made where the problem lies a lot clearer.

But I should still have access to these subscriptions though, right? 

No sorry, your order for BTTV will also be delayed, it's linked to your other account and can't be linked, until the original order completes you won't have access and you won't be charged.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Hmmm.. I'm not sure about that.

I do have access via the BT app & NowTV app for the Sky channels. Just not through my TV Box.

If they can't be linked then at least it should be applied to the Broadband temp order... considering I'm already waiting 2 months from order for Fibre 1, as a new customer...

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 6 of 9

App and online player access happens sooner, usually within 24 hours.

@dan1989wrote:

If they can't be linked then at least it should be applied to the Broadband temp order... considering I'm already waiting 2 months from order for Fibre 1, as a new customer...

Standard copper broadband won't be fast enough for the premium channels, fibre only customers which you're not yet.
It's because you're a new customer you have this delay, there's never been FTTP installed before, It's a one-off thing and you have standard broadband short term for free, best you can do for now.

0 Ratings
Beginner
Message 7 of 9

'Best you can do for now' ...Is it?

So you're telling me you can't take out an order with BT for broadband (not fibre) and BT Sport / Sky Sports?

Seems like you're trying to palm me off just like everyone else I've spoken to for help at this company.

0 Ratings
Guru
Message 8 of 9

I tried to help, if you feel I'm trying to palm you off, I'll leave you too it, it was not my intention.

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 9

@dan1989 

This is only a customer to customer help forum, and there are no BT employees here, apart from the moderators.

The moderators are clearly identified by a BT Logo and the moderator designation.

Any advice given here would be based upon what customers on this forum have found out from others.

0 Ratings