Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 12

help with setting up asus rt ac3200

hi i have bought the above router and got a bt openreach modem, i have connected everthing up but i cant get my pc to find the router? it worked with a wired connection for about 2 mins then went off, the modem is unlocked so i was told and i have connected it correctly(i think) any help would be great thanksSmiley Happy

0 Ratings
11 REPLIES 11
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 12

Re: help with setting up asus rt ac3200

Try disabling and enabling your network card on your PC.

0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 12

hi tried that, ok i dont have a white light on router i have tried wireless and cable nothing! i have rebooted everything disabled card enabled card but cant get anything its becoming very frustrating could bt be blocking it?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 12

Check to see if the modem works.

Make a direct connection from your PC to the modem which will eliminate the router. Follow this guide to do that. Use your computer as normal to see if it connects. If it does not connect you will know it is a faulty modem.

Step 1: Remove the homehub from the modem

Step2: Connect your pc/laptop into the modem using LAN1 port

Step3: Open network and sharing centre on windows and click set up a new connection or network

Step4: Connect to the internet then click make a new connection Broadband PPPoE

Step5: Username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT

Step6: connect, If it doesn't,keep pressing try again until it does.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 12

When you set up the router did you enter any details or did it auto set up?

The details you need to enter to be able to use it on the BT network are username bthomehub@btbroadband.com and the password as BT.

0 Ratings
AndyCoffin
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 12

@mark74 wrote:

hi tried that, ok i dont have a white light on router i have tried wireless and cable nothing! i have rebooted everything disabled card enabled card but cant get anything its becoming very frustrating could bt be blocking it?

do you mean no white lights at all, no lan lights or no internet light?

if no lights at all check fuse in plug, all cables and the power switch on the back of the device (if all ok you may have a DoA), if no lan lights do you have a spare cable to try as it has been known for cables to break if they are disterbed after being in a set place for long periods (espicaly cheap online ones), if no wan light then either its not configured or you have it plugged into the wrong port of the modem.

0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 12

hi i have done what you have suggested i got a connection with the modem only, i then tried to connect the asus to the network and got these error messages.Capture.PNGCapture2.PNG

so much for simple set up!Smiley Frustrated

0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 12

just to add the lights are on the router exept the internet light which flashes white then stays red

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 12

Are you sure you are connecting to the correct port on the modem. 

Did you set the router up as per my message 5.

0 Ratings
mark74
Aspiring Expert
Message 10 of 12

hi just using the modem to my pc? yes it did connect should i then go into settings? i dont get any asus set up page, so just to be certain the lan from the modem goes into my pc? no other cables at this time?

if i can get the asus to work it should be lan from modem into wan 1 router? or the internet (ethernet port)?

thanks

0 Ratings