cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 1 of 13

home hub 5 not showing wired connnections

Just got a new home hub 5 and home hotspot 600 multi kit ,this was after the storms. never had any problems befor the bad weather than the briadband dropped off,hense all the new kit.

when i plug the extender in i can get wifi but no eathernet have the sky box plugged in and the firebox no items are showing in a wired connection and now the connection to network keeps going on and off.

when i try to connect the smart tvs they say that the password is wrong.

have reset everything the factory (a number off times),switched off and on rang BT had very long and repetative Live Chats but to no avail.

this is all been done with to kids complaining there is no broadband

PLEASE someone help before i get a big hammer!!!!

0 Ratings
12 REPLIES 12
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 13

Re: home hub 5 not showing wired connnections

did you turn off smart setup  http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 3 of 13

turned it off and refreshed,now it is showing my daughters phone, smart tv and amazon echo as a wired connection on Lan2 100mb/s these are going through a home hotspot plugged into her room. The extender that is plugged in is not showing neither is the skybox or the firebox that are plugged in

0 Ratings
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 4 of 13

My computer next to the router is plugged in as well but only works wifi 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 13

try splitting the networks as well

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/56419/~/how-do-i-split-my-bt-hubs-ssid-%28wireless-ne...

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 6 of 13

have split the networks but the firebox and computer do not show up as wired working off wifi but not a very stable connection.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 13

is the computer connected by ethernet cable or wireless  if ethernet is it actually connecting to internet

0 Ratings
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 8 of 13

i have my computer wired in to ethernet port4 but its not showing as connected ,so i have been using wifi
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 9 of 13

when in port 4 was it connecting to internet even if not showing in hub?  did you try different post

0 Ratings
locdoc1234
Beginner
Message 10 of 13

just looked at the settings on the computer and its only connecting wifi there is no ethernet showing used all the ports on the router. showing on the hub manager as a wifi connection.refreshed the manager and now all the stuff in my daughters room has vanished as connected.
The hammer is getting closer !!!!!!!!
0 Ratings