raybh
Contributor
Message 1 of 14

home hub 6 wifi

Go to solution

evening everyone

after my home hub rebooted about 4 days ago it appears the 5Ghz frequency has stopped working. I have toggled the off/on switch for the 5Ghz in settings that made no difference, I have changed the channel from 36 to 48 that made no difference, I switched the hub off for 5 minutes and back on and that made no difference. Am I alone with this problem and is it the router is faullty and how long is it guaranteed for?

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 14

Re: home hub 6 wifi

Go to solution

Did you try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button on the back and hold until lights flash

as long as you are still in a fixed term contract then hub is under guarantee but if rolling monthly contract then hub belongs to you and up to you to replace 

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 14

Go to solution

It has been reported before, probably due to the recent firmware update.

You could try a factory reset, as that may help Factory reset your home hub

If not, the firmware update has broken it.

raybh
Contributor
Message 4 of 14

Go to solution

thanks to both of you for your quick replies and helpful advice, I haven't performed the factory reset but I will give it a go. If it has been reported before did the factory reset cure it?

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 14

Go to solution

Factory reset cures many problems but not all. So just a matter of trying it

remember after factory reset to have to turn of smart setup again and split the wireless networks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
raybh
Contributor
Message 6 of 14

Go to solution

Thanks again for the reply, yes I will remember to do that, cheers

0 Ratings
6605paull
Beginner
Message 7 of 14

Go to solution

My useless hub 6 which is less than 6 months old stopped broadcasting wifi all together, called BT and was told as line test and broadband via ehternet was ok that wifi was a benefit of their service and not part of any contractual obligation!. Never heard that one before. Have since replaced with a third party modem/router and all is ok. BT are rubbish.

0 Ratings
raybh
Contributor
Message 8 of 14

Go to solution
I reported the fault on their online chat, all very confusing but they said give it 24 hours for some reason and they would contact me again, well they rang me, all very confusing and they said they would ring back within 5 minutes... they did and the gist of it is I think they are sending me a new router, hopefully free of charge
0 Ratings
Norrette
Beginner
Message 9 of 14

Go to solution

I find it a bit odd that this query has been marked as 'solved' when the only solution was to buy a third-party hub.

No wonder BT think everything is Hunky Dory if ongoing issues are marked as solved.

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 10 of 14

Go to solution

Threads are marked as solved by the OP of the thread and not by BT. It would appear that the OP was happy with the solution to his partiular problem.

0 Ratings