Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Ubermacht
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

homehub 6 No wireless broadcast, only wired connections working

Go to solution

I recently had a power cut and noticed I had lost my wireless connection so I restarted my homehub. I've found my wired connections work fine but I can't connect any devices to the wifi, the router doesn't appear in the wireless connection list on any device. I tried bt customer service and they asked me to restart router, restart the devices I wanted to connect, to forget the network (but I couldn't because it doesn't appear in the list) etc. They ran a test from their end and said the connection was fine. I asked if it was a faulty router and they said no, and even if the wireless on the router ies faulty, they are only contractually obliged to provide a wired connection because wireless connections are unregulated! Is there anything I can do here aside from shell out on a new router?

Thanks in advance

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: homehub 6 No wireless broadcast, only wired connections working

Go to solution

Have you tried a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button on the back and holding until lights flash about 20/30 seconds   Remember turn off smart setup after factory reset

If that does not get wireless working then as long as you are in a fixed term contract with BT not rolling monthly then hub under warranty and should be replaced free if faulty

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the Homehub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. 

If that does not work phone BT and report a faulty Homehub.

Sounds like the Customer Service rep you spoke to needs to be trained correctly.The wireless signal is an integral part of the Homehub. They are obliged to provide you with equipment that fully works, not half works. 

Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

@Ubermacht did the factory reset work? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Ubermacht
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Unfortunately no, I contacted BT again and I'm getting a new home hub sent in the post.

Thanks for asking, community were very helpful

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

@Ubermacht No worries, I'm glad the helpdesk got you sorted in the end. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings