cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
thedantheman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 14

hub password

a bt technician just set up my hub so I can connect to 2.5 of 5 mhz but to do this I have to type in my username (easy) and my password which "is printed on the back of the hub" or so the tech guy said.

I typed them both in but they were not accepted?????

0 Ratings
13 REPLIES 13
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 14

Re: hub password

You need to be clearer, are you trying to login to your hub for admin purposes or trying to connect to your Wi-Fi ?

I suspect it's the latter in which case it's the SSID and encryption key you need to enter (which are also on the back of the hub)

thedantheman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 14

sorry, my vague summary was typed after 3 hours of trying to get BT support

you are correct that I'm trying to connect to my wifi

on the back of my hub there is  the ssid number then the wireless key and finally the admin password for hub manager

I tried the first two but they were rejected

Many thanks for any info

0 Ratings
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 14

Your device should just 'see' a list of SSIDs, select the hub SSID and press connect. You should then be asked to enter the passkey. You shouldn't have to enter the SSID anywhere.

0 Ratings
thedantheman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 14

I have always seen an icon of my hub on a list of local hubs (my neighbours) I click on my hub icon. auto complete the password and connect.  I have to do this fairly often when I'm warned that I am no longer connected to the internet.

Yesterday the BT tech guy adjusted my hub settings remotely and told me I had not been given access to the 5 mhz band (ever) so he set up a 2nd icon on the list of hubs so I could click on it for access to the 5 GHz band or switch to the 2.5 GHz if using a pc that was far from the hub

I have been unable to enter the username and code so I'm stuck on 2.5 GHz

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 6 of 14

Not all devices are 5GHz capable, some will only work on 2.4GHz.

Are you sure yours does work on 5GHz ?

0 Ratings
thedantheman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 14

Yes the tech guy had a look

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 8 of 14

Your hub will be 5GHz capable but I'm referring to your PC or laptop or whatever device you're using. Are you saying you let someone claiming to be a BT tech support guy access your PC or whatever remotely?

0 Ratings
thedantheman
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 14

Oh I see, Yes he adjusted the hub whilst working from home after I contacted BT on the phone

0 Ratings
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 10 of 14

Ok that clears that up.

So the BT tech guy identified that the 5GHz carrier on your hub was disabled and enabled it, the point is that the device (phone, tablet, laptop etc) that you're trying to use still needs to be 5GHz capable in order to find the 5GHz SSID

0 Ratings