cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
LloydLoom
Message 1 of 6

iCloud/FamilyShare Not working with BT Smart Hub

Go to solution

Hello. I've spoken with Apple and BT and not got very far, so I am hping someone here might be able to assist me.

We use a lot of Apple devices in the house and recently all our iCloud/Family Sharing stopped working. This is only an issue with the home WiFi through our BT Smart Hub (Type A). Things are fine over cellular networks and other WiFi networks.

I am not very technical, but the problem is evidently isolated to our home network. I've done a Factory Reset and I have reset Network Services on my Apple devices. I logged into the Hub and noticed that 'Firmware Updated' was reading '01-Jan-0001', which looks rather wrong even to me!! The Firmware Version is SG4B1000E016. Could this be the problem with the 'blocks' to the applications that I am experiencing? If so, does anyone have any ideas how this might be addressed? If not, any other ideas on how to fix things?

Many thanks,

Lloyd

5 REPLIES 5
geecee20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: iCloud/FamilyShare Not working with BT Smart Hub

Go to solution

Lloyd

There’s another posting about this (well very similar to this) which you might want to look at. It was posted on the 9th August. Unfortunately I can’t see how to link it in here for you.  It’s about Apple ICloud and no connection when accessing through BT home hubs.

0 Ratings
geecee20
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
0 Ratings
MRS-PS
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

After a very frustrating few days and an hour long call with Apple support, and a couple of calls to BT Tech Support, Gary the 2nd guy I spoke to at BT Tech took time to listen to my issue, which was sudden inaccessability to iCloud to backup and store photos etc. He told me it was the Parental Controls on my Broadband Line, which I had set up a few years ago, but suddenly decided itself that it wasn't to be accessed, so I turned off the Parental Controls completely and within minutes everything was back to normal. I had figured out it was a Broadband problem as I'd visited my sister and logged on at her wiFi, no problems there, she is with Virgin, but to get someone at BT to take this on board, especially when they're promoting Apple products but not know about the problems their own Broadband is causing is really ridiculous. By the way the Parental Controls were also affecting our Amazon Echo, it resolved that right away too.

0 Ratings
LloydLoom
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

Thanks very much indeed. This has worked for me too. Appreciate the assistance; very helpful.

Lloyd

0 Ratings
LloydLoom
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

That’s very helpful. Thank you for helping out a clueless wretch

0 Ratings