cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Zebbedy
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

iPhone devices connected via WIFi causing lag and high latency on ethernet connected gaming pc

Hi,

So for about a year or so now I have been experiencing high ping spikes and packet loss while gaming on my PC connected via Ethernet whenever a iPhone is connected.

I disabled all features like automatic updates, wifi sync etc. with absolute zero difference. 

When I first joined BT I never had this problem was receiving speeds of 35mbps download & 8mbps upload which is more or less the max my line can receive. I have had multiple engineers come out one of which had fitted me a new phone line and since this I now receive 33mbps without 6-7 mbps upload not the worst drop in speeds ever but still unsure as to why they had dropped and problem as above still persists.

I have tried both smart hub 1 and smart hub 2 with same problem present. I have now recently ordered a more expensive router which has QOS controls as I've read this can help I can't yet test this as I have ordered a seperate modem which I am waiting to arrive so will give results on that when its here.

I just wondered if anyone could help me or if anyone experiences this problem aswell.

Thanks guys,

Zeb

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
LittleLaszlo
Beginner
Message 2 of 2

Re: iPhone devices connected via WIFi causing lag and high latency on ethernet connected gaming pc

Hi Zeb,

I have the same problem here. Could you solve the problem?

LittleLaszlo

0 Ratings