cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
GeoffreyH
Message 11 of 12

Re: increase in usage query

I'm just about to go over my 10gig limit. This month I've started using Livedrive, a 'Cloud' application. This stores all my data up in the clouds and regularly udates itsself with any new data, giving me a secure backup. I've also just got a new PC and have downloaded all data onto that, about 3 gigs. Could this be the source of a sudden upsurge of data usage? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 12 of 12

Re: increase in usage query

@GeoffreyH wrote:

I'm just about to go over my 10gig limit. This month I've started using Livedrive, a 'Cloud' application. This stores all my data up in the clouds and regularly udates itsself with any new data, giving me a secure backup. I've also just got a new PC and have downloaded all data onto that, about 3 gigs. Could this be the source of a sudden upsurge of data usage? 

Hi. Welcome to the forums.

Using "Cloud" based systems will cause a lot of usage as the data is all held "in" the internet. Backups, and as you've mentioned a new PC downloading all that data will cause a huge increase - that 3GB will be purely internet usage.

If you look at the online usage monitor (see the latest one by looking at my shortcuts - link below - option 14j) - that will show the up/down usage separately. The up figure will probably be higher than a typical usage if a cloud based system is used.

0 Ratings