cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
deadman1984
Message 1 of 36

ipv6 on archer c7

does anyone know how to get ipv6 working on a archer c7 router been trying all ways with no success.

0 Ratings
35 REPLIES 35
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 36

Re: ipv6 on archer c7

Have a read through this thread https://community.bt.com/t5/Connected-Devices-Other/IPv6-on-Tp-Link-TD-W9980/td-p/1672827  IPv6 hasn't been fully implemented on TP Link devices.

0 Ratings
smf22
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 36

It should be as simple as IPv6 Support -> IPv6 Setup and then:

WAN

- Check 'Enable IPv6'

- WAN Connection Type: PPPoEv6

- Username: anything@btbroadband.com

- Password: anything 

- Get IPv6 Address Way: Get IPv6 prefix delegation

LAN

- IPv6 Address Assign Type: SLAAC

The problem is that TP-Link are currently saying they don't support IPv6 with DHCPv6 'prefix delegation' using a prefix length of /56, which is how BT and most other UK SP operate. See message 65 of the very long thread IPv6 on Tp-Link TD-W9980.

Regards

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 4 of 36

Although the world has moved on a bit since message 65 on that thread - to the extent that we now know TP-Link are saying that they're working on new firmware to sort this out as a very high priority. I imagine they'll start with the most recent devices, though.

p

0 Ratings
deadman1984
Message 5 of 36

bit of a bummer if it does not detect it I have set the settings as mentioned but nothing.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 36

Are you checking on your PC if it has an IPv6 address? Did you disconnect and re-connect the WAN/line after making the changes?

0 Ratings
deadman1984
Message 7 of 36

lets hope they release a new firmware for my router and fix this problem if i can get the settings ready then its something.

it only shows ip and stuff up on tunnel 6to4

0 Ratings
prinknash
Expert
Message 8 of 36

I'm not familiar with the Archer C7 but the setup instructions in message 79 of the thread linked to above were those suggested by TP-Link for the VR2600, and they also work to give me native IPv6 on my VR600. Don't know if they'd be worth a try for you or if the C7 just handles IPv6 in a different way.

p

0 Ratings
john9411
Contributor
Message 9 of 36

Has anyone got IPv6 to work on Archer C7 and, if so, how?

0 Ratings
PinkSquirrel
Contributor
Message 10 of 36

The settings that work on your VR600 were also working on my VR900 v2 when I first bought the router. I was getting 20/20 on the test sites. Sadly it's not working now and hasn't been for at least a year, no ipv6 address is detected. I've tried disabling/re-enabling ipv6 several times and re-starting etc with no success. I'm not sure where to go from here except to replace the router again.

0 Ratings