cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
casaschi
Contributor
1,084 Views
Message 1 of 15

issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

Hello,

 

I have BT infinity with the BT smart hub aka home hub 6, with latest firmware SG4B1000B316.

 

I have an HP wireless printer OfficeJet 4658 that I use from a MacBook with latest MacOS High Sierra.

 

I'm having recurring issues with the MacBook communicating to the HP printer through the BT smart hub WiFi.

 

It starts with everything working fine.

 

Then after few days, the MacBook can not "find" the printer anymore that is reported as "not responding".

 

Restarting the MacBook does not help.

Restarting the HP printer does not help.

To my surprise, restarting the BT smart hub solves the problem, I can print from the MacBook... at least for a while because at some point (between few hours and few days, depending on luck and on how often I check) the issue comes back again.

 

Tried to update drivers for the printer, to look for help on HP forums and other usual throubleshooting effort but nothing helps.

 

Because the problem disappears when rebooting the BT smart hub I thought of posting here in case anyone had any similar experience or suggestion.

 

Any feedback appreciated.

 

0 Ratings
Reply
14 REPLIES 14
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,078 Views
Message 2 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

Have you split the 2.4/5ghz bands?



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,068 Views
Message 3 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

Have you tried setting the Smarthub to assign the same IP address to the printer.

 

See link how to do that

 

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dMyJ6QHjyYE

 

0 Ratings
Reply
casaschi
Contributor
1,061 Views
Message 4 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!


@gg30340 wrote:

Have you tried setting the Smarthub to assign the same IP address to the printer. 

 


No, but if I check the BT smart hub guy, the printer always gets assigned the same address anyway. I might try your suggestion though, just in case.

0 Ratings
Reply
casaschi
Contributor
1,058 Views
Message 5 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!


@imjolly wrote:

Have you split the 2.4/5ghz bands?


No. This might be one of the last option for me to try. It's so convenient to have the same SSID. Also, if the two bands with the same SSID are an issue, I can't think of any reason why I can print after restarting the BT smart hub and it only stops after few hours/days. Thanks for the suggestion anyway.

0 Ratings
Reply
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
1,049 Views
Message 6 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

many devices don't like the two bands combined and splitting them enables you to connect to the best for your device



If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Reply
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
1,048 Views
Message 7 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!


@casaschi wrote:

Hello,

 

I have BT infinity with the BT smart hub aka home hub 6, with latest firmware SG4B1000B316.

 

I have an HP wireless printer OfficeJet 4658 that I use from a MacBook with latest MacOS High Sierra.

 

I'm having recurring issues with the MacBook communicating to the HP printer through the BT smart hub WiFi.

 

It starts with everything working fine.

 

Then after few days, the MacBook can not "find" the printer anymore that is reported as "not responding".

 

Restarting the MacBook does not help.

Restarting the HP printer does not help.

To my surprise, restarting the BT smart hub solves the problem, I can print from the MacBook... at least for a while because at some point (between few hours and few days, depending on luck and on how often I check) the issue comes back again.

 

Tried to update drivers for the printer, to look for help on HP forums and other usual throubleshooting effort but nothing helps.

 

Because the problem disappears when rebooting the BT smart hub I thought of posting here in case anyone had any similar experience or suggestion.

 

Any feedback appreciated.

 


Have you tried using Airprint ?

0 Ratings
Reply
casaschi
Contributor
1,027 Views
Message 8 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!


@V_Meldrew wrote:

Have you tried using Airprint ?

I believe the printer is already setup to use AirPrint.

0 Ratings
Reply
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
1,016 Views
Message 9 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

Some HP printers are wifi direct capable and, once setup, don't require a network infrastucture.

 

If your printer has the symbol below on it then it is wifi direct capable.

 

 

0 Ratings
Reply
casaschi
Contributor
950 Views
Message 10 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!


@V_Meldrew wrote:

Some HP printers are wifi direct capable and, once setup, don't require a network infrastucture.

 

If your printer has the symbol below on it then it is wifi direct capable.

 

 


Thanks for posting, but I’m not sure what to do with this info.

 

I setup the printer following HP instructions, it works for a while, then the MacBook can not connect to the prInter anymore. If I restart the BT smart hub then everything is fine again. What has WiFi direct have to do with it? Or how do you suggest I take advantage of that?

0 Ratings
Reply