cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 15

Re: issue with HP wireless printer solved by restarting the BT smart hub ?!

when macbook cant 'see' printer is the printer still appear to be connected to you network?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 12 of 15

Hi.

My first thought was Airprint, this would probably be where I would start to try resolve the problem.

In your first post you refer to drivers, although Airprint is dependant upon your network infrastructure (your router) it requires no drivers and so I assumed that you were not using it. I'm not familiar with MAC but maybe someone else on here can help you implement it.

Failing that and if possible you could connect to your router by cable (for internet connectivity) and to your printer by wifi direct (in other words connect to your printer bypassing your router). 

As I'm sure you've worked out by now the second suggestion is by far the most cumbersome and least favourable which is why my first suggestion was Airprint.

0 Ratings
casaschi
Contributor
Message 13 of 15

@imjolly wrote:

when macbook cant 'see' printer is the printer still appear to be connected to you network?

It looks one of those very difficult ones to troubleshoot.

The printer is connected to the BT smart hub wifi all along. Also the scanner app on the macbook seems always able to talk to the HP printer/scanner.

But it's quite hard to tell, even printing works for a while then it all gets stuck and I havent found a clean way to get it back to work.

Given the scanner app works on the macbook, you would exclude a BT smart hub problem, however still I can't figure out why the only action that ALWAYS fixes all problems is restarting the BT smart hub... even rebooting the macbook does NOT unstuck the printing problem.

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 15

@casaschi wrote:
Given the scanner app works on the macbook, 

So you can see some features of the device all the time, it's just the print function that becomes unavailable?
Have you tried printing from another device (PC, tablet, mobile etc) when the MacBook can't find the printer?
0 Ratings
dgw1
Aspiring Expert
Message 15 of 15

If the bands are split, try configuring a static IP on the printer itself (not on the router). This can often resolve matters  🙂

0 Ratings