cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
slowwwwsignal
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

ive brought 2 bt broadband extender 600 kits,but dont seem to be working,any ideas?

ive got bt 500 homespot at the minute which works well,ive brought bt 600 extenders but they arent picking up signals,do they not work together?what do i need as a good system to work round my whole baring in mind my broadband signal is terrible!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
licquorice
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: ive brought 2 bt broadband extender 600 kits,but dont seem to be working,any ideas?

You can't connect more than one extender to your router, you can only add extra slaves.

0 Ratings
Darren_B
BT Devices Expert
BT Devices Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: ive brought 2 bt broadband extender 600 kits,but dont seem to be working,any ideas?

Good Morning,

Just to confirm, you have bought a pair of the 'powerline' adapters - BT Broadband Extender 600 (rather than Wi-Fi Extender 600)?  

If it is the powerlines, then yes they do work with the BT Home Hotspot 500.  

My first suggestion/recommendation would be to use the new BE600 as the first link in the network (i.e. connected to the router/BT Hub).

Then you will need to pair both the BE500 and HS500 to the new BE600's.  To do this, follow these steps:

1. Press the Link button on the HS500 device for 5 to 8 seconds
  2. Wait for the Power light to go back to steady green.
  3. Press the Link button again, this time for 1 second.
  4. Within 2 minutes, press the Link button on one of the BE600 extenders for 1 second to complete the connection to the network.

Do the same as above, but this time for the old BE500

All 4 devices should now be connected on the same network.

Hope that helps, just shout if you get stuck at all.

Darren B

0 Ratings