cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 51 of 61

Re: lag spikes

I'm using BT with phone now to game and surprise no ping issues, nothing at all. It's a bit slow but it does the job ping usually 22-30.

0 Ratings
TRrift
Contributor
Message 52 of 61

what my engineer did to help was basically the "pair" i use to connect to the box on my estate (basically the route i take)
he changed and put me on a differnt one and i have a theory : this is a voice recording of me explaining my situation as it would take alot longer to type it out https://cdn.discordapp.com/attachments/592099718386155549/602643250393907202/Recording_12.m4a also one thing to note im only 16 so changing ISP isn't that viable as that's up to my dad i cant do it I' not 18 i don't have money myself, MY HANDS ARE TIED

0 Ratings
Highlighted
lolowalsh
Contributor
Message 53 of 61

Tell your dad is it really worth it to pay double the price for an unreliable connection ? BT are charging double the price compared to other ISP where you can't even game and watch videos at the same time. 

If switching ISP isn't possible then connect to BT with phone at least the internet is stable or use 4G. 

0 Ratings
TRrift
Contributor
Message 54 of 61

what u mean use BT phone? u mean BT with FON?

0 Ratings
TRrift
Contributor
Message 55 of 61

PLEASE SOMEONE HELP, BT are useless and my Dad cant help me all day so im alone in this PLEASE can does ANY1 know anything this has ruined the longest holdiay of my life been SOOOOO bored if anybody knows anyone who had this issue then fixed it please let me know

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Expert
Message 56 of 61

There is no fix for it.

Only thing I can suggest is getting your dad to put you on the account as an Authorized contact so that BT can talk to you. Maybe that way you'll be able to talk some sense into them like I'm trying to do for our family broadband.

0 Ratings
TRrift
Contributor
Message 57 of 61

it didnt use to be this bad they have changed something

0 Ratings
h3x1e
Expert
Message 58 of 61

The more people that post their ping issues here, the more likely they'll actually be bothered to look into the issue. 

I would be happy with a "Yes we're aware of the issue, its just going to take a months or two to upgrade the hardware" but they won't dare to take responsibility for their issues it seems.

Next step will be for all of us to email the Chief Executive to make him aware of the failings in the network and the potential to lose customers I guess.

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 59 of 61

@TRrift 

BT don't care about ping issues, they only care about speed and their TV box, I had my ping issues fixed by some mysterious change in the route via the core network. They don't appear to read this forum or post any help or suggestions even.

If it was me as I did at the time complain aggressively to BT tell them their connection is useless and not fir for purpose, if you're not the account holder then I'd email every gaming magazine, every gaming website, any internet 'gaming' anything and spread the news that BT sucks for gamers and to avoid it at all costs. Try to get as much publicity as you can, email Ofcom, email the 'advertising standards authority' based on BT advertising their connection is "Perfect for streaming, gaming, watching and downloading in HD on multiple devices" when it clearly isn't, use social media as well. I even emailed my local trading standards authority, create lots of stink - loads of it 🙂 You could even contact your local member of parliament - the government has been peddling our hi-tech industry and super fast broad band for a long time but BT can't even manage to deliver internet packets in their own country by any stretch of the definition of "fast" - well certainly not reliably, it's a joke and BT needs their rear end kicking for this shambles of a internet connection. If you mange to get any publicity I'd make BT aware of it.

Their's plenty of evidence now that switching ISP solves the ping issue, that is likely to be the quickest and easiest fix.

Anyhow lets face it. you can't game so you might as well use your time to do the above.

0 Ratings
dubstepzombie
Aspiring Expert
Message 60 of 61

I'd also add if you're going to contact third parties about your problem be clear with explaining how you've got your internal network wired up (I assume you're fully wired and not using Wifi), don't concern yourself with tracert or ping plotter, all the BT junk between your PC and the destination IP isn't anything you can change, so focus on the end result of the ping destination. So I'd either use a DOS prompt and ping command that shows your problem or use 'ping logger' - keep it simple.

Below is a ping logger screen shot (google 'ping logger' I can' t post a direct link) of when my connection was performing like a dial up modem from the 1980's

intelNIC.png

0 Ratings