cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 2

latency and download/ upload speed

ever since a month ago our bt internet was just fine but then took a sudden turn when every once in a while the latency would go up wards of 800ms from our standard 10ms speed and our download/upload speed would plumet down to below 5mb from our standard 30mb, this would happen from 20 minutes up to 2 hours at any point in the day to any time deep into the night. after many engineer visits and phone calls and lousy attempts to fix this frustrating problem there has been no avail. this same problem has occurred after getting a whole new router and even  have engineers do work outside at the supply box. this has got a point where this problem has become extremely frustrating as i have not seen any problem online about this and just wish this problem be solved as soon as possible to relieve me from this stress and anger.  a wired connection has been tested but has still had the problem. engineers have even been confused at this and were not even able to come up with a definitive answer to why it happens.  

has anybody had the same problem in recent times or know a solution to this? thanks

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: latency and download/ upload speed

I have had the same problem since end of April. I cannot play any online games as the ping would randomly shoot up to 400+ms. I've had 3 engineers out and all said that there is nothing wrong with my line. I have done every test possible on earth. Recently been sent a new router but still doesnt fix the issue. I am currently trying to terminate my contract as its unusable. 

0 Ratings