cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

latency and download/ upload speed

this is going to be the third time posting this problem on this forum.

starting in April of this year our BT wifi has been shocking. having our download speeds dropping and our latency shooting up to 600+ at random points throughout the day with no justification. a total of 6 engineers have been round to look at the problem, all incompetent enough to fix this issue. it has now gotten to a point where it is getting unusable and resulting in me having to switch to my phones hotspot anytime i want to relax and play games on the xbox without the frustration of constant lag. Countless things have been done to contact BT but it seems as if they really just do not care. If the problem is not fixed by October it seems as if we will have to change provider even though BT is supposedly the best in our area, i really didn't want it to come down to this but it seems like it has to if no one knows a fix. If anyone has ever had this problem or knows a fix please tell me as it is really a sour thing to be going through during these hard times. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Highlighted
Contributor
Message 2 of 5

Re: latency and download/ upload speed

I take it they tried a replacement hub? Have you tried a WiFi analyser app? It looks at all the WiFi signals around you and you can then see which channels are the least congested. I've noticed the smart hub auto select isn't actually that good and puts me on the same channel as the 4 other routers in range. You can then go into the hub admin and manually change the WiFi channel.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

a replacement hub was tried but still the exact same problem but im using a wired connection and its the same thing on both wired and wireless. im guessing it something on BT's end but thanks for the help anyways 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 4 of 5

Hello @Donna274,

What seems to be the problem with your services, please be aware that if you cancel during your contract you'll have a MASSIVE cancellation fee. What broadband do you have with BT?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 5

the problem is that every hour our internet will start to lag from being its normal speeds to around 600 + ping and our download and upload speed drop considerably, had 6 engineers out with none of them able to fix. our contract is ending in october so i dont expect a large cancellation fee. it has got to a point where i have just given up with trying as it seems bt cant explain whats happening either. our expected download / upload is 50mb download and 5mb upload.

0 Ratings