cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

lose tv with own router?

Go to solution

I want to use my own Router with my bt fttp connection I have a number of NOW TV sky channels on my package if I switch away from the BT smart hub2 to my own Apple airport extreme am I at risk of losing access to these channels? If so what can be done about it? I want to switch so that I can set up a separate gas network which is isolated from the main network

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: lose tv with own router?

Go to solution

In theory, as long as you enable IGMP snooping (to identify the Multicast packets) then you should be OK. I say in theory because a number of forum users appear to have had problems using Asus routers even with IGMP enabled

Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

was looking good looking good I have slept in my airport extreme and have Wi-Fi and Internet connectivity over ethernet so my BT box has an IP address but whenever I try to view a now TV channel I'm getting error codeipc 6023 and 6017 - I have  double checked router and switch settings re igmp snooping and I'm getting either ipc6017 or ipc6023 errors so cannot watch the internet channels I'm only trying to se my AirPort Extreme so I can setup a guest wifi network is this a step too far with bt?

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

@blueingreen79 

With fttp there often is a problem like you've described and it seems the solution is to reboot the ONT when you get those IPC errors.

It might not be the solution to your issue but worth trying

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

is that atypical  turn of and on job? presume can't be done remotely?

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

@blueingreen79 

I believe so.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

turns out one of my switches was blocking multicast traffic all working now 🙂

0 Ratings