Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 8

microsoft security download 2858725

Go to solution

Once again I have tried to download Microsoft security 2858725 and it has failed twice.  Is it just me or has any one  else had the same problem.   Is there a way to rectify this please. 

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: microsoft security download 2858725

Go to solution

When an update fails it usually gives and error code which may help you diagnose why it did not install.

You can also go onto the Microsoft site and try installing the full file from there, see link.

http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2858725/en-us

0 Ratings
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution
thank you for your swift reply. I have found the site you mention but cannot understand a single word they are talking about. I have no idea what to press or download. Thanks again
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

The update you can not get to install is an update for the .NET Framework 4.5.1 which is installed on your computer.

Because the update won't install, for what ever reason, you can download and reinstall the .NET Framework 4.5.1 complete with the update.

In order to do that you can go to this link and follow the instuctions once you have clicked on the download button

http://www.microsoft.com/en-us/download/details.aspx?id=40779

duncan10
Expert
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I am glad you are not on automatic download and install. Many have had trouble with updates from MS and had to remove them. Blocked from the internet and so on just because they have other programmes installed by themselves which MS thinks conflict with its programme. And if MS dont like your programme you can find it wont work on your PC . You download it again and it wont install as a balloon come up to say-- not compatable to MSs vision on things PC.

0 Ratings
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution
Many thanks for both posts. Message said download successful but hasn't yet appeared in my list of programmes. Your time and expertise always appreciated
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

You will need to go to Control panel > programs and features >  click on the box "view installed updates" for it to show up.

0 Ratings
irban
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
A OK. Thank U very much. best regards
0 Ratings