cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gmcclay1
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

mini connector data light not working.

I have a blue data light on only one Mini Connector. I plugged them in side by side and reset as suggested on this site. Both data lights then worked but when I plugged my TV Box into the Mini Connector the data light was back to not working. Any thoughts?

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: mini connector data light not working.

Check the Ethernet cable between the BT YouView box and the mini connector. Make sure the securing clips at both ends are  not broken, as they are needed to ensure a good connection. Make sure the YouView box is powered up, otherwise there will not be any Ethernet link pulse.

Try a different Ethernet cable.

Has it worked before, or is this a new connection?

If its a new connection, then make sure both end are directly connected to a mains socket, and not via an extension socket, especially if its a filtered or surge protected one.

0 Ratings
gmcclay1
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

hi I moved house about 2 months ago and they didn't work at the start but they have been working without any problem for the last 6 weeks. Clips are fine and I swapped the cable from the MC to the router with the not working one with the same result. Thanks
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Two more things to try.

Swap the two end over, and see if the fault moves with the mini connector.

Its also possible that the mini connector cannot get an IP address from the home hub, so please try the following steps.

Try a factory reset of the home hub.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/11386/%7E/how-do-i-reset-my-bt-hub-to-its-factory-set...

Then turn off smart setup.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

That will reset the DHCP table, which can get full or corrupted on all of the home hubs.

0 Ratings
gmcclay1
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thanks, I'll try that tomorrow.
0 Ratings
gmcclay1
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Sorry for the delay but something cropped up. I have now tried resetting the hub and still no joy. One of the connectors appears faulty in that the blue ethernet light only comes on if the cable is in slot 2. It doesn't come on if it is inserted in slot 1. Any other suggestions other than get Sky for the football?

0 Ratings