cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 48

my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

0 Ratings
47 REPLIES 47
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

Try a factory reset of the Smarthub by pressing a pin into the recess button on the rear for about 20 seconds. This can often sort out problems.

After doing that make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Smarthub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

We will try that, the go live switchover is the 1st May, so it was using the old copper connection. My husband thinks it may be because my laptop is ion windows 8.1 but should that make a difference?

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 48

Go to solution

No. 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 48

Go to solution
Ok thanks for that, should we wait and try your solution once the changeover has happened on 1st May?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 48

Go to solution

There is no reason to wait. The laptop should be able to connect regardless of what type of broadband you have.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 48

Go to solution

Try turning off the 5Ghz wireless on the SH2. Go to Advanced Settings > Wireless and set the 5Ghz to Off and press save.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 8 of 48

Go to solution
Ok Thanks, we will try tomorrow
Thanks for your help
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 48

Go to solution

Using one of the devices that does connect, login to the hub management page and disable Smart setup.

Have you tried rebooting the device which won't connect?

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 48

Go to solution
Yes we did try that, have put the old hub back on in the meantime as that had no problems.
We will have a try tomorrow with putting the new hub back on
0 Ratings