cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 11 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution
We have tried the reset,disabling the smart set up and switching off the5Ghz setting but still won't work. The laptop says it is connected but I can't get on the internet and email says it is not connected to the internet. Ran a troubleshoot and network adaptor says the default gateway is not available.
Other fault says windows could not automatically detect this networks proxy settings.
The network adaptor is Broadcom 802.11n
Windows 6.3
Laptop worked perfectly well with the old hub so what is wrong ??
Any help gratefully received
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

Change the wireless mode to Mode 3 in wireless advanced settings.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 48

Go to solution
Sorry to sound silly but is this on the hub manager
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 48

Go to solution

Yes, same screen where you turned off 5Ghz.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 48

Go to solution
And leave the 5GHz switched off
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 48

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 48

Go to solution
No that has made it worse
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 18 of 48

Go to solution

Whilst your connected to the hub manager, goto Advanced Settings and My Network.

Boot the device your having problems with, can you see the device you're having problems with in the list of connected devices, if so, is the background colour green or grey and finally are there any warning icons alongside it

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 48

Go to solution
My PC is green with the letter D we turned mode back to 1 as the PC couldnt find the hub. What is odd is it says it is connected but internet etc says not
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 48

Go to solution

You have wireless connectivity but clearly not getting an IP address from the hub for some reason. Try disabling and then re-enabling your network adaptor.

0 Ratings