cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

If the background is green and the letter D is displayed against the device then it has a dynamic IP address.

If you got to Control panel and Network & Sharing center, you should see a pretty basic network map consisting of your device, the internet  and, in between, either a network node or a big X. Which do you see

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution
Have done that but now says your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource(DNS Server) is not responding
Now says default gateway is not available is fixed
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 23 of 48

Go to solution

Bit of a long shot, try disabling IPv6 in your network adaptor.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 48

Go to solution
It says connections wifi (BT- with the hub name
It says home group joined
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 48

Go to solution
Not all boxes ticked eg Microsoft network adaptor multiplexor protocol or Microsoft LLDP protocol driver
Should they be?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 26 of 48

Go to solution

Try ticking Microsoft LLDP protocol driver, if that doesn't help try unticking IPv6

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 27 of 48

Go to solution
I tried unticking the IPv6 but made worse not tried the driver yet
Think I am now losing the will to live..
What would be the difference as the old home hub was fine and had no problems even when it was reconnected.
It it because the laptop is a bit elderly now??
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 28 of 48

Go to solution

It's really weird, I'm struggling to understand why it works with one hub but the other. There shouldn't be any difference

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 48

Go to solution

@Millie4wrote:
Have done that but now says your computer appears to be correctly configured but the device or resource(DNS Server) is not responding
Now says default gateway is not available is fixed

Earlier you said you're running Windows 6.3 which is 8.1, try the following (I'm going by memory and may have got it wrong)

Click Start, Run and type CMD

Type ipconfig /flushdns (note the space between ipconfig and the /

press enter.

Go back to the Network & Sharing Center, has that solved the problem and if not what does it say now

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 30 of 48

Go to solution

Have you checked to see if your network adaptor has the most up to date drivers. Use the adaptor or the laptops manufacturer's web site and do not rely on Windows drivers being the most up to date. 

0 Ratings