cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 31 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution

Client for Microsoft Networks and LLDP Protocol driver should be checked 

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 32 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution
Ok thanks i will have a try tomorrow
Might not be able to update though if can't get on the internet!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 33 of 48

Go to solution
When I tick those options on WI Fi properties assume don't need to do install?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 34 of 48

Go to solution

It depends. If the necessary files are not loaded Windows will search for them and install them if found, if it fails to find them on your hard drive it will ask for the installation disc. You can always cancel if this is a problem.

If your asking if you will need to re-install Windows, the answer is no

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 35 of 48

Go to solution

You don't need to get on the Internet with the laptop. Find out which network adaptor you have and search on another device. If there are updated drivers download the drivers and transfer them to the laptop via a pen drive or similar. Then install them.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 36 of 48

Go to solution
I have looked in the device manager and it says the network card is working ok but it says windows can't load the device driver for the intel processor . The computer is working otherwise should I still try to update the network adaptor driver?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 37 of 48

Go to solution
Sorry I meant the network adaptor not card is working ok
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 38 of 48

Go to solution

It may say that it is working OK but if there are more up to date drivers than those that are presently installed I would install them.

If there are no updated drivers you could try and just uninstall it using the "Uninstall Device " button in the device manager and then restart your laptop. Windows will then "find" it and reinstall it with the Windows drivers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 39 of 48

Go to solution
I have an external company looking at this and have updated the drivers but still no joy. My husband thinks I should get an external wifi box ? Do you think that will work?.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 40 of 48

Go to solution

Worth a try, WiFi dongles are only about£10/15

0 Ratings