cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 41 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution
Is there a reason why we can't change back to the old hub as now on fibre
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 48

Re: my laptop won't connect to smart hub 2 just says limited but connects to other laptop and mac

Go to solution
He called it a WI Fi router is that the same thing?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 43 of 48

Go to solution

@Millie4 wrote:
Is there a reason why we can't change back to the old hub as now on fibre

If your old hub is a Hub 5 or later, then no reason at all. If it is a Hub4 or earlier, it won't work with fibre.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 44 of 48

Go to solution

@Millie4 wrote:
He called it a WI Fi router is that the same thing?

No, that is what the hub is, not sure what the intention is. If it is to replace the wifi adaptor on your laptop, you just need a dongle.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 45 of 48

Go to solution
Yes I think that's what he means, just seem to be going round in circles now
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 46 of 48

Go to solution
The old one was a hub 3. Do you think the settings are different and that's why the new one is struggling with my computer?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Recognised Expert
Message 47 of 48

Go to solution

Did you enable those options in message 31?

You may need to reboot for them to take affect.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Contributor
Message 48 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks for everyone's help but we solved in the end by using a wireless USB adaptor an Archer T4U, apparently the broadband changes over on the 19th May not the 1st as originally suggested so hoping that won't cause any more problems..

0 Ratings