cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
spen
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

my sky mini box cannot obtain an IP address from my router !!!

My sky mini box is giving an error code and says it cannot obtain an IP address from my router ,I have been into the router settings and checked everything also tried resetting router etc, I have been unable to contact BT !! any thoughts from anyone where to look next ? thanks 

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 9

Re: my sky mini box cannot obtain an IP address from my router !!!

Which hub are you using?

is the sky q box connecting to internet?  Is mini connecting to sky q box?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spen
Beginner
Message 3 of 9

Main box is fine but the mini box says it cannot obtain an IP address from the router , all other devices are connecting to the Wi FI with no issues  ,just the mini box giving problems 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 9

sorry but neither the main sky q box or mini are connecting to internet. Can either or both see you router. Which hub version?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
spen
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Main Q box is fine and connected using wi fi , mini box says it cannot get an IP address from router ,all other devices are connecting via wi fi , home hub 5 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 9

Have you split the 2.4/5ghz network and then try and connect to 2.4ghz network

https://www.bt.com/help/broadband/fix-a-problem/broadband-and-wi-fi/i-want-to-improve-my-wi-fi/how-d...

0 Ratings
TimCurtis
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 9

@spen 

Are the minis connected via ethernet or using the Q's mesh wifi system?

0 Ratings
spen
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Wifi ,   they are too far apart to use a cable

0 Ratings
spen
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

It had been working but has recently developed a fault.  Just trying to figure out if it's the sky mini box or the router , 

0 Ratings