cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
jessie91
Message 1 of 5

need help

does anyone know if it is possible to have broadband in your name if the bt landline is registered to someone else....

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: need help

I would suspect not because you need a landline to have broadband so the logical extension of that would be that you can not have broadband with out a landline.

The present owner of the line would have to order it.

So if you as a new customer wanted broadband you would need to get a land line as well. You can have more than one landline to the same premises as long as you are prepared to pay for it.

If the line is owned by somebody else then why would they let you have broadband on it. If it is so that you pay the broadband bill separately can you not come to some agreement.

Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 5

My stepson lives with his grandparents in an annex and he ordered plusnet BB on their BT line with no probs at all.
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

@Devon_Dave wrote:
My stepson lives with his grandparents in an annex and he ordered plusnet BB on their BT line with no probs at all.

Out of interest, did they have to agree to it, which I presume they did, who placed the order and how is the bill sent, is it a bill to stepson for BB and a bill to grandparents for line?

0 Ratings
Homer_J
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I know back in the early days of ADSL you could order broadband on a line you didn't pay for, and there were no checks.

I doubt it's changed since.

0 Ratings