cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cammey
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

new customer, wondering if they'll put the hub in any room when the engineer comes?

Hi, just took out a tv,bb and phone package. I noticed there was an option to pay £44 for an engineer to come and install a longer line if the Hub and Tv box are more than 10m apart, which they will be as i would prefer the Hub in a bedroom and the tv in the lounge. Will the engineer set it up so i can have the hub and tv that way?

I will be having standard bb as not in a fibre area, there is a phone line in the house from before we just moved in, Bt are going to reactivate it i was told.

Any help appreciated!

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Block66b
Contributor
Message 2 of 2

Re: new customer, wondering if they'll put the hub in any room when the engineer comes?

If they are activating an existing line then the hub has to plug into the existing NTE... The Engineer would only be authorised to run one data extension from the hub to where the TV box is going as part of the TV Install.....

You'd only be able to get a data extension for the hub if you were getting an Engineer Install on BT Infinity...

You would either need to ask and pay for a Phone Line Installation so that the Engineer can fit the NTE in the bedroom or if the lines already activated pay for a Lift and Shift of the NTE to the bedroom from its current location...
0 Ratings