Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
david2408
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

new home hub - or not !

Go to solution
My BT Home hub 2 stopped working and I guessed -correctly - that it was kaput. A very helpful man at BT's call centre in India ordered a Home hub 3 for me. Five days later it had not arrived and I got that sinking feeling of doom and impending foul-up I always get when I order something from BT. Another call to India and I am told Home hub 3 is out of stock.I ask what would have happened if I had not rang up to inquire about the Home hub which should have been on its way and I get no sensible answer. I guess I would still have been waiting at Christmas. Why is it beyond the wit of the people at BT to pre-empt such a scenario and call back to explain that the ordered product was out of stock and there would be a delay. It would happen with John Lewis or M& S. But not BT. I have been told new Home hub 4 is on its way. I'll believe it when I see it !!
0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Johnelf
Contributor
Message 2 of 6

Re: new home hub - or not !

Go to solution

Hi

The HH 5 has been out around a year now, so I am surprised your not getting one of them, the HH 4 can hardly be regarded as 'new'.

If you phone them up and offer to renew your contract, they will probably send you one.

Having said that, the HH 4 is a perfectly good router and unless you have the need for wireless AC, then sick with the freebie.

John

0 Ratings
david2408
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution
Many thanks John for that piece of info
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution
the HH4 is normally provided to ADSL users and the HH5 to infinity users both devices are still current stock
david2408
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution

0 Ratings
david2408
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

A quick postscript to my "new home hub- or not!" post

BT having told me that the "new" Home Hub 3 router they wanted to supply me with after the demise of my Home Hub 2  was "out of stock,"  the replacement, Home Hub 4, duly arrived within 48 hours.

Next day, the "out of stock" Home Hub 3 also arrived.

So now I am the proud "owner" of two Home Hubs, confirming my long-held theory that at BT ( MODS excepted)  the left had doesn't know what the right hand is doing.

I sent Home Hub 3 back with a terse note. Can you blame me?

0 Ratings