cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 10

old networks

how do i get rid of the unused wifi network from previous owners wifi ........ 3 unused networks ( all associated with the previous network and holiday let) keep popping up 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Message 2 of 10

Re: old networks

Get rid of them from where?

Previous owners of what?

Message 3 of 10

Crystal ball very cloudy this morning.

Message 4 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 10

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 10

Still no idea what you mean.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 10

well take a wild guess ?
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 10

hahaha!! my sides are splitting
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 10

Is there supposed to be images posted, I cant see them?

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
BT900 | Nokia ONT | Ubiquity ER-X | EETV Box Pro (IP Mode) | Unifi CK2 | 6x Unifi U6+ | 2x Unifi SAK Ultra
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 10

This makes no sense , if you move into an address that ( for example ) had broadband from another ISP , or you change provider and return the previous router ( or throw it away ) then the old provider WiFi ‘transmitted’ SSID’s don’t exist anymore, those  network names are no longer broadcast  ….if your device ( laptop , phone , tablet ) has remembered them ( even though they are no longer broadcast) you delete them from the individual devices ,( phone , laptop , tablet etc ) if the source of the network doesn’t exist anymore , how can it be broadcasting its WiFi ‘name’  ? .

The only way you would still ‘see’ these is if the previous router is still connected to the mains , switched on and broadcasting its WiFi network names , even though it doesn’t have an internet connection anymore.

Are you sure you are not just seeing neighbouring WiFi networks, as stated your question needs to be clarified, as it’s not clear what you are asking .