Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Tarkan
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

ping/ latency spikes when streaming or gaming

Hi all,

I have been with BT for a couple of years now and I haven't had any major issues up until now as I used to be able to stream my games without any issues but until I renewed my contract with BT on the 5th of December 2019 I have had nothing but issues with them as soon as I try and stream my ping goes from a stable 20ms all the way up to 150 to 200ms which If you are a gamer is literally unplayable also I don't even have to be streaming for this to happen, it also happens even when I load up twitch/youtube which is mind blowing to me as this hardly uses megabytes I must mention that Sky did take over my line for like a month for some reason but I sorted that out and got BT to take back over the line I do wonder if that could be causing this but it would be very unlikely to as hundreds of other people on BT are having the same issue as me, my speeds are around 50 download and 16 to 18 upload which is more that enough for me to stream but I am unable to the only thing I could think of is that it is a BT network issue as other people have said that they have switched to differed ISP providers and it has fixed it If any moderators can please message me I would highly appreciate that and I am more than happy to answer any questions for people thank you. 

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: ping/ latency spikes when streaming or gaming

@Tarkan 

Before a moderator could look at it, you need to make sure its not a problem with your broadband connection, as errors on the line will cause these sorts of problems, as they cause re-transmissions which cause transmission latency.

Is there any noise on your phone calls? Dial 17070 and select option 2, there should be no noise between the announcements.

0 Ratings
Tarkan
Beginner
Message 3 of 5

No there is not I had 2 engineers come out this month the most recent one about a week ago and he said there was no problems with my line.
0 Ratings
dylanmace
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 5

im discovering about packet loss from respawn i e apex , have you looked into that 

0 Ratings
Tarkan
Beginner
Message 5 of 5

No there is not I had 2 engineers come out this month the most recent one about a week ago and he said there was no problems with my line.

0 Ratings