Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 11

public network

Go to solution

i am getting a pop ups from kaspersky 2018/ your connection to bthub4r----- network is not secure public network

we recomend that you run kaspersky secure connection.

i have change my password on my hub and the wireless key, the rest of the settings in the hub are set to default.

on my pc network status it is set to private.

the only way i have found to stop the pop up is to split the ssid so my pc is on 5ghz and printer is on 2.4ghz but then in

kaspersky network/ properties it says bthub4r---- not connected.kaspersky4.PNG

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 11

Re: public network

Go to solution

Is this a W10 machine? If so, go to Settings > Network and Internet > Change connection settings > under network profile select Private

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 11

Go to solution

yes it is windows 10 and it is set to private. i checked the hub with f -secure programe and if found no issues, it 

seems strange that i only get the pop up on the 2.4ghz connection.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 11

Go to solution

It may be something to do with the  BTWifi transmission that is causing Kaspersky to report the public network.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 11

Go to solution

is that a hub fault, would it be worth me getting the latetest hub from bt. mine is a home hub 4 and it is not locked on bt, i

had to replace the one bt sent me about a year ago.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 11

Go to solution

No it is not the hubs fault and I would not pay for a new hub from BT. If you want to buy a new router you would be better to buy a decent third party one. That will not transmit the BTWifi signal, if indeed it is that that is causing the problem.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 7 of 11

Go to solution

i took my laptop to mates house he's got bt broadband i logged on to the internet, then looked in wi-fi status laptop was

connected on public 2.4ghz band and i got no pop up from kaspersky. 

At home i switched of my printer/ sound bar/ skybox which connect on 2.4ghz and then log with my laptop

and got the kaspersky pop up. so it must be a signal issue how am i going to correct this issue.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 11

Go to solution

It could be what is called a false positive warning.

Without actually getting hands on with your computer it is difficult to see what is going on but it would appear that your Kaspersky product is flagging your 2.4Ghz network as public. You may need to go into the products settings and manually change it to a private network.

See link how to do that.

https://support.kaspersky.com/us/13630#block1

If that doesn't help I would suggest that you have a look at the Kaspersky forum where you may be able to get more help.

0 Ratings
helzapoppin
Aspiring Expert
Message 9 of 11

Go to solution

kaspersky is set at trusted network, that was one of the first things i checked. i will send a request to kaspersky support.

thanks for your help.

0 Ratings
Jonkarra
Expert
Message 10 of 11

Go to solution
Its possible they are just trying to flog you a VPN service. Are all of your wireless drivers upto date? Its possible its flagging because your wireless drivers are vulnerable to the KRACK vulnerability.