cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
asktoby
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

"Smart Hub 2" and 1 Whole Home Wifi disc (white). Sell and get a black one?

Go to solution

I have the Smart Hub 2 Smart Hub 2Smart Hub 2and have also just bought one Whole Home Wifi disc (white)Whole Home Wifi discWhole Home Wifi disc.

I had thought this disc would create a mesh network with my Smart Hub 2 but now I'm reading that this is not the case and, in order to use the Whole Home Wifi disc (white) in a mesh arrangement, you need multiple white discs and you need to disable the Smart Hub 2's SSID. Is that correct?

I have kept the Smart Hub 2 enabled at one end of the house, and put the white disc enabled, wired, and on the same SSID at the other end of the house. My devices seem to be able to jump between the two access points, so it is sort of working.

Would it work better if I sell the white disc and buy a "Smart Hub WiFi Extender Disc Black Model 092822"?s-l1600.jpg

As I understand it the Smart Hub 2 and the black disc would form a mesh network which would operate better than my current arrangement.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 4

Re: "Smart Hub 2" and 1 Whole Home Wifi disc (white). Sell and get a black one?

Go to solution

Yes, you would be better off with the black disc. To start with, you don't need the Ethernet cable once its been paired with the hub

0 Ratings
asktoby
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

The cable is no big deal, I already have my house wired.

But will the network perform better?

0 Ratings
asktoby
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution
So the consensus is that as long as it's wired, it is best to pair a single White disc with the Smart Hub 2 rather than paying more for a black disc that will perform no better.
0 Ratings