cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
farmer277
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

"Unknown NOIP error" on Home Hub 5

I use NOIP for my Dynamic DNS for my CCTV, and have been happily running it for over three years with zero maintenance.

Then the other day it wasn't connecting.  After some mucking about I refreshed on the connection on the Home Hub interface and it came up with the "Unknown NOIP error" mentioned above.

I deliverately put in an iffy username and it came up with something different, and when I deliberately put in the wrong password it said it was that. So if it's neither of those errors what is it.

Moreover, I then created a new NOIP account and I got the same result, and then I did it with two other providers and got the same error but with their name in the error.

Please don't think just because I got this set up in the first place I know what I'm doing. Self taught and not very well, so any apparently condescending question might just be at my level!

I'm really at a complete loss and somewhat stuck so any help is very gratefully received.

Cheers

PF

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Checked2013
Expert
Message 2 of 6

Re: "Unknown NOIP error" on Home Hub 5

Has the HomeHub been updated with the new firmware that has just been released? If it has maybe a factory re-set might help and then re-set all the settings to what you had before and see if that helps

0 Ratings
farmer277
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

From the few reports of the firmware upgrade going South, I've decided it's not something I want to get into.  Being without CCTV access is one thing, being without my router is something I can't afford to happen!

Factory reset is looking very much like the next step though, cheers.

0 Ratings
Checked2013
Expert
Message 4 of 6

Firmware updates aren't something you can avoid if you've got your HomeHub connected to the internet. I hope the reset will help and also if it's critical that you are online as much as possible and can't afford to loose access to your router then it might be a good idea to have spare one just in case any thing ever does happen

0 Ratings
farmer277
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

I should add, by the way, then when I first enter the Dynamic DNS settings on the Home Hub, it says 

"Dynamic DNS service status: Connected - IP address is current, no update performed"

If I re-apply the settings that's when it comes up with the unknown error.  I don't know if that might have been the case if I did that even in the good old days when everything was working. Now I'm just looking for things that are (or seem) wrong.

However, I'm also having some problems with the DVR.  Is there any way that could be affecting things?

0 Ratings
farmer277
Beginner
Message 6 of 6

Re: "Unknown NOIP error" on Home Hub 4 (was 5!)

Oh look - it's actually Home Hub 4 I have.

Just to illustrate the full extent of my toolishness!

0 Ratings