Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
haybie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 26

"Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

Go to solution

I want to link back to essentially this thread.

https://community.bt.com/t5/Home-setup-Wi-Fi-network/quot-Your-connection-is-not-private-NET-ERR-CER...

I recently BT broadband (BT HUB 6) and it was working effectively, then 2 weeks it will just keep cutting out just like the OP from the previous thread. Every time I will receive this error on every browser on every device. It will happen about 10-20 times in a day sometimes for a few seconds; others for 30 minutes. The wifi will be showing a ! on the signal with the internet and everything connects via ethernet would show no change. Light will stay blue and the odd occasion shows a flashing orange.

I also like to point out that I am using a TP link AV600 from the broadband to connect to my pc upstairs. Which I have used in the past with no problems (but with virgin media).

I have rung BT support so many times and every time they will say that yes we can see the irregularities and we will do some tests but won't be able to find any problems. They would state that my internet is resetting almost 50 times a day? which I am not sure what that means.

An engineer did come out and checked the master socket and did thorough testing and said it was absolutely fine. So recommended a new router (BT HUB-6 ). Fortunately, as we only moved in recently the previous owners left theirs and switched to see if it made a difference. It did not there was no change.

If anyone has any advice or help that would be great.

0 Ratings
25 REPLIES 25
Message 2 of 26

Re: "Your connection is not private NET::ERR_CERT_AUTHORITY_INVALID"

Go to solution

Hi @haybie 

Welcome to the Community and thanks for your post!

Sorry for the connection problems you've had recently with your broadband and for the delay in my response.  How are things with your broadband connection now?  If you still need help feel free to post back and we will give you a hand from here.

In the meantime, you can use this link to >> Troubleshoot connection problems <<

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
haybie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 26

Go to solution

Yes, still have a problem I am afraid. 

Seems to be mainly during the day and frustrating. 

Many thanks for the help in advance. 

cheers,

Haybie

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 26

Go to solution

@haybie can you post your Hub 6 router stats and we'll take a look?

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
haybie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 5 of 26

Go to solution
I am not sure you want this, or the event log let me know if this is the right information.

Many thanks,

Haybie

Product name:

BT Hub 6A

Serial number:

+084316+NQ84933628

Firmware version:

SG4B1000B540

Firmware updated:

05-Mar-2019

Board version:

Gui version:

DSL uptime:

0 Days, 0 Hours 20 Minutes 43 Seconds

Data rate:

20.00 Mbps / 65.98 Mbps

Maximum data rate:

31981 / 86673

Noise margin:

16.5 dB / 12 dB

Line attenuation:

16.5 dB

Signal attenuation:

VPI / VCI:

0/38

Modulation:

G_993_2_ANNEX_B

Latency type:

Fast Path

Data sent / received:

16389 MB Uploaded / 12466 MB Downloaded

Broadband username:

bthomehub@btbroadband.com

BT Wi-fi:

Not active

2.4 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MT83

2.4 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 6)

5 GHz wireless network name:

BTHub6-MT83

5 GHz wireless channel:

Smart (Channel 36)

Wireless security:

WPA2 (Recommended)

Wireless mode:

Mode 1

Firewall:

On

MAC address:

30:24:78:D5:18:8D

Software variant:

-

Boot loader:

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 26

Go to solution

@haybie Thanks that's what I was looking for.  Your connection time is only 20 Minutes 43 Seconds was that caused by a drop or did you have to connect up the Hub 6 to get the router stats?  I notice the Noise margin is also quite high which is affecting your connection speed.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
haybie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 26

Go to solution
No, that just it constantly dropping. It already dropped 3 times today. Sometimes it last 5 minutes others it last for 30mins - 1 hour.
Not sure you mean by noise but the only thing that is actually connected to the router is a tp link av600.

Thanks,

Haybie
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 26

Go to solution

@haybie Thanks for confirming that, is there any noise if you try the quiet line test by dialing 17070 option 2 it should be silent on a corded phone but there may be a slight hum if using a cordless handset.

Did the helpdesk ask you to try connecting the hub to the test socket behind the removable faceplate? There may be an network fault causing these drops but we need to rule out the internal wiring and set up first and connecting to the test socket it a good indicator to let us know if the issue is on the network or with your own wiring or equipment.

test socket.jpg

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
haybie
Aspiring Contributor
Message 9 of 26

Go to solution
Okay, I did the phone quiet test and it had a bit of crackling not much. Then the connection dropped out and it turned extremely noisy. Reconnected and went back to a quiet hum.

The master socket is brand new. An engineer came out and changed it. But checked the test port again and it seems fine. When the engineer did come he did several test on the socket and says it seems to be good. No problems he recommended that I changed router. But nothing has been sent yet. However, as I have only recently moved the previous owner left her router 6 so I tried that to see if it would change and was exactly the same outcome. It was still dropping out

Many thanks,

Haybie
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 26

Go to solution

Hi @haybie 

Thanks for posting back and for trying the quiet line test and connecting to the test socket as per @NeilO's request.

The reason why we ask you to connect to the test socket is to rule out any internal issues.  If we book an engineer visit and there is no network fault and the issue was with your internal wiring a charge of £85 would be raised for the visit and we would like to avoid that if at all possible.  This link gives a little more info on that: Engineer Home Improvement Service charges

We'll pick this up and manage it to get things fixed for you as soon as we can.  I have sent you a private message with instructions on how you can send us over your details and we'll look into this for you. See: Private messages

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings