Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dikul
Contributor
Message 1 of 6

replacement Home hub

Go to solution

Many moons ago I paid extra to get a Smart Hub, which proved to be not as good as my Hub 5B I was a traillist for this).  Following a lengthy investigation into why my Infinity 2 was getting progressively slower, the last engineer suggested that there was no line fault, but that the \hub was constantly resetting itself and the DLM was responding by slowo=ing things down in aan attempt to stabilise the situation.  I went back to the Home HUb 5B and saw an immediate and gradual speed increse from32 to 60+mbps.  Unfortunately lasst week that Hub 5B died competely, no  lights no service.  Back to the Smart Hub and since that a gradual loss of (currently) 20mbps.  After a lengthy phone call I managed to get a replacement hub.  No my question:

Was I expecting too much in thinking that the SmartHub would be placed on a like for like basis because I have just received a Hub 5A not a Smart Hub (remember I paid extra for this originally)

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: replacement Home hub

Go to solution

when you say you paid extra for smart hub was it te offer that you basically got it free but paid about £10 for the postage?

have you tried the hh5a and see if the conenction just like the 5B?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Go to solution

No, I seem to remember paying about £50 for it, but at my age my memroy may be at fault.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

Go to solution

if you did pay as much as that then I would expect it to be replaced if faulty - but you may find better off with hh5a

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 5 of 6

Go to solution
Yes thank, perhaps I'm too quick to jump, I'll give the hh5a a go
0 Ratings
dikul
Contributor
Message 6 of 6

Go to solution

imjolly

A quick update, the HH5a is now running at 54mbps and I think it is still improving, so your wisdom is proved again.  the HH6 is a bit of a pup!

Thank you very muchly

0 Ratings