Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
spjames
Message 1 of 8

router home hub 6a mac address

Go to solution

i need to add the router home hub 6a ip & macaddress to a arp table in server core 2016. Why?. cannot ping anything without it. so to cut to the chace how do i find the mac address of my router, i.e. 192.168.1.254..?. many thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 8

Re: router home hub 6a mac address

Go to solution

Advanced Settings / Technical Log. Third line up from the bottom

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

@V_Meldrewwrote:

and for the current IP address Advanced Settings / Broadband. For home users this can and will change (not static) ...

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@V_Meldrewwrote:

and for the current IP address Advanced Settings / Broadband. For home users this can and will change (not static) ...

The question was "How do I find the MAC address", this is fixed in hardware and only changes when the hardware is changed

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

@V_Meldrewwrote:

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@V_Meldrewwrote:

The question was "How do I find the MAC address", this is fixed in hardware and only changes when the hardware is changed

Thanks @V_Meldrew. There is nothing more welcoming to the community than somebody correcting you. I read “i need to add the router home hub 6a ip & macaddress”. If you look carefully you will see an ip.  OK I got it wrong, are you happy now!

0 Ratings
V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@V_Meldrewwrote:

@VeteranISPUserwrote:

@V_Meldrewwrote:

Thanks @V_Meldrew. There is nothing more welcoming to the community than somebody correcting you. I read “i need to add the router home hub 6a ip & macaddress”. If you look carefully you will see an ip.  OK I got it wrong, are you happy now!

No not particularly.

I didn't correct you in order to belittle you but to prevent any confusion on the part of the original poster, I apologise if you took offence

0 Ratings
spjames
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

thank you for your nugget of info. I woiudn't of found that in a million years. Very good info. thank you for helping me....

V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution
No problems
0 Ratings