Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
BrianC2
Beginner
Message 1 of 6

rural broadband

Hi all, First post.

I have bt broadband super fast fiber in a small town in Somerset.

I havent had any problems really untill now.

I bought some wifi controlled heaters. Started off great but the started loosing connections. sometimes takes days after powering off and on and other times minutes.

The manufacturer blames rural broadband but has agreed to replace the heaters or give a refund.

This is what they said

I have encountered this problem when the connection of the fan coils to the Internet is not sustainable, i.e. there are  "track losses", as some say in slang. Especially when the products are used in remote places – for example, villas, houses, etc. for seasonal use, ISPs are not considered to be one of the most reliable. The fact that after the fan coils resetting they were successfully connected to the network, speaks unequivocally of a common source of the problem, which is out of the products.”

Any info would be great

Thanks

Brian

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: rural broadband

can you post stats from your hub  if hh6 then advanced settings then technical log information  if hh5 then troubleshooting then helpdesk

are the heaters using the 2.4ghz to connect as against the 5ghz?

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
BrianC2
Beginner
Message 3 of 6

Thanks for the reply
Im 160 miles from the hub so i cant. i will get them next time i go.
Thank you
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 6

When you are there, if you have not already done so make sure you turn off "smart setup" on the Homehub.

See link how to do that.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/what-is-smart-setup-on-the-bt-hub%3F-how-can-...

0 Ratings
BrianC2
Beginner
Message 5 of 6

Thank You. can i do this remotely?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 6

Afraid not.