cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
FusioNz
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

slow internet but decent speedtests.

ok so im having some internet troubles. im currently on bt infinity with bt smart hub running through phone line. no full fibre available to me. so ive been with bt since march 2018. internet has been fine for me until just short of 2 weeks ago.

speedtest shows speed between 35-45mbps. so before the problems its been fine with pc and xbox wired and about 5-6 phones on wifi without any speed drops. now the speedtest shows the same but speed seems very restricted no firewalls blocking the connections. can load maybe 2 webpages just with nothing else running on network. twitch/mixer streams wont load can just maybe get amazon videos to load. same with phones on wifi. video via facebook tiktok youtube very slow loading.

weve had bt on chat testing the line said everything looks fine. sent out a new hub to try maybe the old one was dying they said, same thing happens even with just pc runnning on network.
had a bt tech engineer out to check the wall socket all seemed fine. no noise on the line either also tried another hub just incase and still same.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Keith_Beddoe
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: slow internet but decent speedtests.

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 4

I would also look at web protect if you have that enabled

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
FusioNz
Beginner
Message 4 of 4

yep both disabled already

0 Ratings