cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

smart hub icons

On my smart Hub2 wireless (through the wi-fi disc) i have an unknow phone on the system that I cannot remove. It shows a green icon with a white 6 on a prurple background in the top left hand corner of the icon. Can anyone tell me what this is?

Capture.PNG

thanks

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: smart hub icons

The icon is irrelevant. Look up the MAC address to see what manufacturer device it is, it may give you a clue for something you have forgaotten you have.

https://macvendors.com/

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Hi Licquorice,

Thanks for theinformation, but the device (Galaxy S6 smart phone)  is definitely not one of ours and I cannot remove it from the list. pressing theRremove button does nothing.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

You can only remove devices from the list that aren't connected, i.e grey, if it is green, it is connected. You could try a factory reset of the hub by pressing the recessed button for 20 seconds to disconnect it and then change your wireless password if it definitely isn't one of your devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 8

Could it be someone connecting to BT WiFi/FON ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

No, devices connected to BT WiFi/FON don't appear in the network list, only 192.168.1.xxx connected devices.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

@licquorice wrote:

No, devices connected to BT WiFi/FON don't appear in the network list, only 192.168.1.xxx connected devices.

They used to show up on some of the older home hubs as 10.xxx.xxx.xxx IP adresses.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 8

Not any more, just tried it.

0 Ratings