Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
blakemere
Beginner
Message 1 of 8

smart iptv problem

hi

im trying to run the smart iptv app on my lg tv,ive contacted lg and the smart iptv app people and they say it maybe a problem with my isp not letting me connect to their servers,anybody got any thoughts or ideas on this please

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: smart iptv problem

Welcome to this user forum.

Who is your ISP?

0 Ratings
blakemere
Beginner
Message 3 of 8

thanks,my provider is bt,using the hh6

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

@blakemere wrote:

thanks,my provider is bt,using the hh6

Try turning Smart Setup off.

http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/44328/~/switching-smart-setup-on-and-off-on-the-bt-ho...

Its also possible that the site is being blocked by BT Parental controls, if you have them turned on.

0 Ratings
blakemere
Beginner
Message 5 of 8

smart setup is off,is parental cotrols the same as access control???

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

@blakemere wrote:

smart setup is off,is parental cotrols the same as access control???

No. See http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/55707/~/turning-off-bt-parental-controls

It may already be off.

0 Ratings
iniltous
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 8

What is it you are trying to use Smart IPTV to view, it needs to be set up to work , usually by purchasing access to a M3U playlist and entering the MAC address of the device ( in your case your LG TV)  at the setup screen, just installing it from the App Store doesn't give you access to anything... because it can be used for watching content without payment to the content right holders, if after entering a path to a M3U file, it works but intermittently or poorly , then you have no real come back with your ISP or the content provider.

I'm not suggesting that's what you are doing, but it's what can be done with this App, and although LG obviously include it on their App Store, it's not an LG App, so LG don't support it, and your ISP isn't going to worry about Apps that don't work, that's down to the App publisher , in fact , if the ISP consider its used to access content that wouldn't normally be available in that area, or being used to circumvent DRM, they may proactively try to stop access to that content.

If the path to the M3U is OK , generally they recon you need at least 20Mb download , presumably your connection exceeds this, so do you get nothing at all ( so presumably not set up correctly or invalid M3U ) or if it works but poorly after entering a M3U path,  ( buffering, sound and picture out of sync etc) then there isn't much you can do about that.

0 Ratings
blakemere
Beginner
Message 8 of 8

i know what the app does ,i just cant get it to run

0 Ratings