Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

smarthub/hh6 btfon

Hi,

Problems with hub/speed etc. Done reset hub to factory settings. It now looks like the bt fon btwi-x has turned on. This was disabled by me a while ago. I cannot turn it off, my bt email and password don't work on the BTcom/btfon web page.

How can I disable this? The bt my btweb page seems to show bt wi-fi is not an active setting! Just lost at mo. Suggestions, clean ones, welcome! InnSSIDER shows both 5g and 2.4 all active on my dual band trendnet usb net.

Doug

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Liam_
Expert
Message 2 of 4

Re: smarthub/hh6 btfon

The BT wifi has a habit of re-enabling itself.  I've turned it off a couple of times in MyBT and it reactivates on it's own.  Looks like hub firmware updates and/or factory resets turn it on again as well.  Not a problem here as I don't use a hub, so if having it active is annoying you the only thing you can do is use a third-party modem/router.

0 Ratings
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Re: smarthub/hh6 btfon

Hi Liam

Thanks for taking time to reply. Hoped there was something BT could do to stop this! Not sure i want to spend more on a router, but this is an option and possibly a better modem, any ideas?

Thanks again

Doug

0 Ratings
Highlighted
portunus
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 4

Re: smarthub/hh6 btfon/ Live Chat

Tried the Live chat option. After a little difficulty in explaining that I want the HH6 to stop broadcasting (BT FON etc) It looks like the helpful chat agent managed to turn it off. It may take 24 hours so fingers crossed.

A result

Thanks to all who helped

Doug

0 Ratings